Responsible for proactively soliciting new consumer, real estate, and commercial loans and sell the Bank’s products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate own pipeline of loans
- Obtain and review necessary loan documentation from borrowers and present complete packages to processing for submission into underwriting.
- Monitor and ensure closing dates and rate lock expirations and company deadlines are met.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advice customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Comply with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Review loan documents to insure completeness and accuracy in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and compliance related issues.
- Order appraisals, credit reports, and evidence of insurance.
- Promote business for Bank by maintaining good customer relations and by referring customers to new services.
- Prepare various monthly reports.
- Participate in business development activities at all levels.
- Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences, and workshops and involvement in professional, civic, and community groups in leadership positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School degree or equivalent
- 2 years bank lending experience
- Residential and/or commercial underwriting experience is preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state mortgage banking regulatory requirements
- Personal computer skills; Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Internet/E-mail
- Good interpersonal skills and knowledge of appropriate customer service
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to maintain confidential information
SouthStar Bank is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Email your resume to our HR department.
SouthStar Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status