“A big bank with a small-town feel. We moved here from Florida and had the best bank on our little island and were so pleased with finding SouthStar Bank when we moved to Texas. They give very personal attention every time we go and remember our names! They give great incentives to the kids savings as well.” ~ Kyle
Convenience For Your Lifestyle
Platinum Star checking offers flexibility, easy management solutions, and ways to save on banking costs. It’s a checking account for people who appreciate both traditional and cutting edge banking. With plenty of features to help you manage your personal banking, look no further than SouthStar Bank’s Platinum Star Checking account designed for those 55 and older.
Ready to open your account with SSB? click here to get started
Platinum Checking Account Details
- Must be 55+ to open.
- Receive traditional paper statements with images.
- Online and mobile banking.
- Minimum daily balance of $500 or $500 total direct deposits each month to avoid $7 minimum balance fee/month.1
- One box of stock checks per year, one cashier’s check per month, unlimited faxing and photocopying with no additional fees.
- $10 annual discount for SouthStar Bank safe deposit box.
- Minimum opening deposit $200
- Insured by the FDIC.2
We have taken steps to ensure each account is protected by the highest security features to ensure your information and money are safe at all times.
Get More Details
Please complete the form below and one of our personal bankers will be in touch.
Optional Features and Benefits
1 If you maintain a minimum balance of $200, no minimum balance fee will be imposed. If your balance falls below $500 or you fail to make $500 in total direct deposits during the month we will impose a minimum balance fee of $7 once during the statement cycle.
2 The deposits of each depositor in this institution are insured to the maximum amount provided by the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Visit FDIC.gov for details.
3 Telecommunications Relay Service is a telephone service that allows persons with hearing or speech disabilities to place and receive telephone calls. Visit FCC.gov for details.
* Optional features and benefits may incur fees. Contact one of our locations for our current fee schedule.