Helpful Forms and Applications
Additional forms and applications are coming soon. In the meantime, please call or visit your nearest branch.
Mortgage Loan Originator, ALL LOCATIONS
Location: Bee Cave / Brazoria / Bremond / Calvert / Franklin / Georgetown / Gonzales / Harker Heights / Hearne / Leander / Moulton / Round Rock / Shiner / Southwest Austin / Steiner Ranch
Status: Full Time
- SouthStar Bank is expanding the mortgage department and seeking for qualified applicants at every location.
- The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for the overall mortgage lending of the branch from a sales and service perspective. The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for developing the secondary market and portfolio lending programs of the bank. The MLO will works closely with the Marketing Director and Senior Bank Manager and Mortgage Lending Manager to implement bank wide and area wide specific marketing plans. Create and execute marketing strategy and tactics that utilize the following disciplines to improve customer experiences: Customer Loyalty Management, Customer Relationship Management and Customer Value Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Mortgage Lending expertise in all areas of Mortgage Lending including an extensive knowledge of Fannie/Freddie, FHA, VA & USDA (Secondary Market Programs) as well as the Banks Portfolio Program.
- Provide assistance on customer relations, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Take Continued Education courses provided by the bank to ensure compliance and regulatory measures are met at all times
- Report to the Branch Manager and Mortgage Lending Manager on procedural issues in the processing and closing areas to ensure efficient and consistent workflow to centralized operations area. Report to Branch Manager on sales/service related issues.
- Key liaison between the banks customers seeking mortgage and commercial loan opportunities to facilitate the development of the deposit relationships, electronic products and any other products the customer would need.
- Maintain a cooperative work environment within the location and between other departments. Coordinate with Branch Manager on operational processes to maintain adequate controls and quality service to customers. Encourages staff to achieve cross selling goals.
- Hold regularly scheduled location and off location meetings to ensure that any and all bank referral partners are aware of the senior management group’s concerns, successes, and upcoming activities. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with direct report staff to discuss and follow up on issues, status, roadblocks, status etc.
Effectively support staff by:
- Working closely with the processor assigned to your loan
- Help gather important documents that are needed to successfully close the mortgage loan
- Respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people
- Providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills
- Communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning
- Anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution
- Modeling behavior; and
- Coaching people to success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of mortgage lending experience
- Personal computer skills; Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Internet/E-mail
- Good interpersonal skills and knowledge of appropriate customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff, management and customers
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidential information
SouthStar Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.