Helpful Forms and Applications
Additional forms and applications are coming soon. In the meantime, please call or visit your nearest branch.
Fair Lending Officer, Leander, TX
The Fair Lending Officer is responsible for administering the Bank’s comprehensive Fair Lending Regulatory Compliance Program which is designed to ensure that the Bank achieves optimum compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Develops, implements and administers all aspects of the Bank’s Fair Lending Program.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, internal audit and other supervisory entities. Supports the Compliance Officer in preparation for, participation in, and response to examinations and audits.
- Supports business units in researching legal and regulatory issues related to fair lending and related laws and regulations.
- Manages the development of the organizations fair lending compliance procedures, forms, and monitoring systems.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to provide compliance advice and guidance to business areas addressing unique or new compliance questions, development of new products and/or delivery systems or modifying existing ones and identifying any compliance related issues and/or new compliance requirements.
- Develops process and assembles resources necessary to continuously identify and remain current with all compliance requirements of the organization.
- Maintains current working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including banking, consumer/commercial credit regulations.
- Performs analysis of Fair Lending data and metrics for interpretation and reporting.
- Assists Compliance Officer to ensure senior management is continuously informed on all aspects of the Banks Fair Lending compliance activities, including an evaluation of its relative risk exposure related to compliance activities, including an evaluation of its relative risk exposure.
- Assists with the preparation of management and committee reporting.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited or university; and 5 years of related experience and/or training. Work related experience should consist of recent in-depth background in Bank Compliance (Deposits and Loan) and Fair Lending management and administration
- Advanced knowledge of Bank administration, lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in all operational and lending activities and terminology.
- Proven ability to effectively train and instruct others in a formal classroom or one-on-one environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced skills in computer operation and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current Texas driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Mortgage Loan Compliance Officer, Leander, TX
We are currently seeking a Mortgage Loan Compliance Officer to work on-site at our Leander, Texas Loan Operations Center.
This position will work closely with SVP of Mortgage lending and will report directly to EVP/Compliance, BSA and CRA Manager/Director. This individual will provide compliance oversight for daily mortgage operations.
The responsibilities of the Compliance Officer will be multi-faceted. This individual will help ensure overall company compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
On a broader scale, the Compliance Officer will maintain appropriate compliance documentation and provide reports and testing of internal controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submit closed loan packages to third party for post-closing QC compliance reporting and provide management responses.
- Keep a pulse on regulatory and industry updates and provide appropriate corporate policy modifications and conduct periodic internal testing of compliance controls and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess the education and experience described below. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill levels required.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a compliance provider in the mortgage industry; Must have expert knowledge of the TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule, HMDA, and REG B Monitoring
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Experience with MortgageBot LOS preferred
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and with a cross functional team
- Background in regulatory / legal relations a plus
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage lending and consumer protection laws, rules and regulations including: Truth-in-Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, Fair Lending laws, and Advertising laws, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of government and conventional underwriting guidelines
- Operational understanding of retail mortgage lending and secondary market delivery
- Familiar with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry
- Loan Processing experience to a stable comfort level
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Comfortable and competent with technology – Outlook, MortgageBot LOS experience preferred
- Able to apply mindful attention to details
- Experience in QC report analysis and interpretation
Mortgage Loan Originator, ALL LOCATIONS
Location: Bee Cave / Brazoria / Bremond / Calvert / Franklin / Georgetown / Gonzales / Harker Heights / Hearne / Leander / Moulton / Round Rock / Shiner / Southwest Austin / Steiner Ranch
Status: Full Time
- SouthStar Bank is expanding the mortgage department and seeking for qualified applicants at every location.
- The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for the overall mortgage lending of the branch from a sales and service perspective. The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for developing the secondary market and portfolio lending programs of the bank. The MLO will works closely with the Marketing Director and Senior Bank Manager and Mortgage Lending Manager to implement bank wide and area wide specific marketing plans. Create and execute marketing strategy and tactics that utilize the following disciplines to improve customer experiences: Customer Loyalty Management, Customer Relationship Management and Customer Value Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Mortgage Lending expertise in all areas of Mortgage Lending including an extensive knowledge of Fannie/Freddie, FHA, VA & USDA (Secondary Market Programs) as well as the Banks Portfolio Program.
- Provide assistance on customer relations, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Take Continued Education courses provided by the bank to ensure compliance and regulatory measures are met at all times
- Report to the Branch Manager and Mortgage Lending Manager on procedural issues in the processing and closing areas to ensure efficient and consistent workflow to centralized operations area. Report to Branch Manager on sales/service related issues.
- Key liaison between the banks customers seeking mortgage and commercial loan opportunities to facilitate the development of the deposit relationships, electronic products and any other products the customer would need.
- Maintain a cooperative work environment within the location and between other departments. Coordinate with Branch Manager on operational processes to maintain adequate controls and quality service to customers. Encourages staff to achieve cross selling goals.
- Hold regularly scheduled location and off location meetings to ensure that any and all bank referral partners are aware of the senior management group’s concerns, successes, and upcoming activities. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with direct report staff to discuss and follow up on issues, status, roadblocks, status etc.
Effectively support staff by:
- Working closely with the processor assigned to your loan
- Help gather important documents that are needed to successfully close the mortgage loan
- Respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people
- Providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills
- Communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning
- Anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution
- Modeling behavior; and
- Coaching people to success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of mortgage lending experience
- Personal computer skills; Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Internet/E-mail
- Good interpersonal skills and knowledge of appropriate customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff, management and customers
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidential information
SouthStar Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.