Welcome to Austin, Texas!
“Everyone I spoke with at SouthStar was very helpful and willing to assist me! I had talked to a couple other banks and not received a good response, so calling SouthStar was such a relief. They were super responsive in getting me an account set up and helping me with a loan. Would definitely recommend using SouthStar!” ~ Kristi H.
As one of the largest independent Texas banks, SouthStar Bank’s local mortgage experts have the experience and knowledge to help make your dreams of owning a home a reality. We recognize that your financial needs are unique to you – and so is the perfect funding solution.
Our quick and easy mortgage options can help you save money!
We Offer Mortgage Solutions For Real People
SouthStar Bank offers lending solutions home loan programs that make sense for your unique financial situation, regardless of whether you’re:
- Starting a new job;
- Recovering from an unexpected life event;
- Recovering from blemished credit, foreclosure or bankruptcy;
- Or, have atypical property financing needs such as rural homesteads, agricultural or investment properties.
As an Austin mortgage lender, we can provide funding options unavailable at many national lending institutions. SouthStar Bank is a different kind of mortgage company. that We considers a potential borrower’s complete financial picture, instead of relying solely on traditional qualifiers such as credit scores, down payment, debt load, and income. As an FDIC insured institution with over $1 billion in assets, you can be confident in our common-sense approach to providing lending solutions.
Saving for the standard 10-20 percent down payment has its advantages, which include a smaller loan balance, less paid in interest over the life of the loan, and instant home equity. However, if lack of a sizeable down payment is causing a delay in homeownership, consider a low down payment mortgage loan.
While saving for your down payment, home prices will likely continue to rise. Postponing the purchase of your new home can also cause you to miss out on historically low interest mortgage rates and flexible financing programs. Ask us about our low down payment mortgage options.
- Situation #1: You’ve identified your perfect parcel, but would like to take your time finding the right architect and builder.
- Possible Solution: Lot loans allow for the purchase of the land before construction plans have been finalized.
- Situation #2: You’ve found an ideal custom home solution with a local turn-key builder. Their semi-custom and custom homes are available on lots owned by the builder.
- Possible Solution: Construction home loans provide the funding needed during each phase of the build. Financing can also pay off an existing lot loan.
- Situation #3: You’ve narrowed your selection of lots and construction plans, but haven’t yet secured financing for your custom build. You’re ready to lock-in potentially lower interest rates, lower monthly payments, and benefit from a one-time closing.
- Possible Solution: Construction-to-permanent loans cover costs of the lot purchase thru the completion of the construction all in a single loan.
- Lower monthly payments that free up funds for other financial goals
- Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) removal which reduces the costs of homeownership
- Conversion of an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) to a fixed-rate loan which results in predictable monthly payments